HELICOPTER LANDING MAT – NEW
HELICOPTER LANDING MAT (HLM)
FAUN Trackway HELICOPTER LANDING MATS create temporary landing areas for helicopters. Developed for the UK Royal Engineers, HLM are available in a variety of sizes to provide a solid foundation for helicopter landing and forward operations. HLM are heat resistant for jet helicopters and available NATO palletised for quick deployment.
Helicopter Landing Mats allow expeditionary forces to mark out safe landing areas in order for helicopters to service the Forward Operating Base (FOB), undertake essential maintenance or drop off supplies. FAUN Trackway HLM suppress dust and foreign objects, reducing brownout to ensure pilot and crew safety as well as asset protection.
HLM are secured to the ground and can be used for as little as a day or as a permanent installation. HLM are built to custom sizes and configurations. HLM are reusable and 100% recyclable.
HELICOPTER LANDING MAT kits comprise of five key elements:
- TRACKWAY PANELS – aluminium panels that are laid by hand and lock together to create the area mat.
- STILLAGES – containers for storage and transport of the aluminium panels; can be air portable on request.
- INSTALLATION KIT – equipment required for installing and removing the Trackway panels.
- GROUND ANCHOR STAKES – to secure the Trackway to the ground.
- MEMBRANE – a geotextile membrane that is placed underneath the Trackway panels to supress dust, reduce brownout and protect the panels.
- LIGHTING – FAUN Trackway works with lighting providers and can provide suitable lighting configurations to enable night operations.
- TRAINING – FAUN Trackway offer training courses to enable your personnel to install maintain and remove the Helicopter Landing Mat.
- COMPUTER BASED TRAINING – FAUN Trackway can integrate simulated content into the training courses that enable trainees to revisit course content and assessments at their leisure.
- GROUND PREPARATION services – FAUN Trackway personnel will attend the proposed site and report the suitability of the site for installation of a Helicopter Landing Mat. If the site is unsuitable, ground preparation services can be carried out.
- INSTALLATION and REMOVAL services – FAUN Trackway personnel will attend the site and manage the installation and/or removal process of the Helicopter Landing Mat.
- MAINTENANCE and INSPECTION services – FAUN Trackway personnel will attend the site and undertake maintenance procedures and/or inspections of the Helicopter Landing Mat.
- STORAGE – FAUN Trackway can provide storage of Helicopter Landing Mat equipment when it is not in use.
- CUSTOM DOCUMENTATION – FAUN Trackway provide a standard manual free of charge with all products. If documentation is required in different formats, languages or layouts, we can provide a custom documentation proposal.
HLM Panel Options:
PSA FLAT TOP