RAPID RUNWAY REPAIR – NEW
RAPID RUNWAY REPAIR (RRR)
FAUN Trackway RAPID RUNWAY REPAIR is an integral part of the Airfield Damage Repair (ADR) process, that is further part of the strategic principle of 'Survive to Operate', developed by the UK Armed Forces and understood to be one of the most professional in NATO.
Following an enemy attack, it is essential that flying operations can be resumed quickly. RAPID RUNWAY REPAIR enables engineer forces to reconstruct essential areas of the airfield quickly to enable immediate use.
Bomb Damage Repair Mats (BDRM) are a key component of the FAUN RAPID RUNWAY REPAIR system. BDRM have indefinite storage time and are low maintenance.
BDRM can be re-purposed when not required and used as effective helicopter landing pads, aircraft hard standing, temporary taxiways and recovery areas when aircraft have overshot a runway.
RAPID RUNWAY REPAIR kits comprise of five elements:
- BOMB DAMAGE REPAIR MATS (BDRM) – Aluminium Trackway panels that interlock to create areas measuring 16m x 22m.
- BDRM TRAILER – a specialist trailer designed to transport and position the BDRM.
- INSTALLATION KITS – tensioning kits, bolt down kits, side fairing panel kits, end fairing panel kits to enable the BDRM to be correctly installed.
- DYNAMIC COMPACTOR – compacts the aggregate used to refill the craters, to ensure a solid foundation for the BDRM.
- SCREED BEAM – levels the aggregate used to refill the craters, provided with a custom trailer for transportation.
- PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT – FAUN Trackway are able to provide inspection, acceptance and hand over procedures, and a dedicated programme manager for the duration of the project.
- TRAINING – FAUN Trackway offer training courses to enable your personnel to install maintain and remove the Helicopter Landing Mat.
- PLANT EQUIPMENT – Standard equipment is required to conduct crater repair elements of Rapid Runway Repair. This can be provided by FAUN Trackway.
- LIGHTING – FAUN Trackway works with lighting providers and can provide suitable lighting configurations to enable night operations should airfield lighting have been compromised.
- TRAINING – FAUN Trackway offer training courses to enable your personnel to manage the Airfield Damage Repair and Rapid Runway Repair process.
- COMPUTER BASED TRAINING – FAUN Trackway can integrate simulated content into the training courses that enable trainees to revisit course content and assessments at their leisure.
- CUSTOM DOCUMENTATION – FAUN Trackway provide a standard manual free of charge with all products. If documentation is required in different formats, languages or layouts, we will provide a custom documentation proposal.
RRR Panel Options: