HEAVY GROUND MOBILITY SYSTEM – NEW
HEAVY GROUND MOBILITY SYSTEM (HGMS)
FAUN Trackway HEAVY GROUND MOBILITY SYSTEM is a temporary modular roadway which enables the rapid deployment and recovery of vehicles and people. The military specification system facilitates the launch and recovery of the Trackway. A standard HGMS provides 100m of Trackway – with 50m carried on the vehicle and a further 50m towed on a trailer.
HGMS is suitable for very heavy tracked and wheeled vehicles, including tanks and bridge transporters. It provides access for these vehicles into areas where there are no roads, or roads have been damaged. HGMS enables boggy or marshy terrain to become accessible to large, heavy vehicles.
HGMS is deployed very quickly and efficiently. A trained two-man team can deploy 50m of Trackway in less than 10 minutes over the toughest of terrain. The aluminium Trackway will withstand repeated loads of tracked and wheeled vehicles. The M150 Trackway has been graded Military Load Classification (MLC) 70 baseline on a 3% California Baring Ratio (CBR) ground condition indefinitely; loads of up-to MLC 150 depended on ground conditions.
HGMS features a unique 'spool to spool' transfer system that allows multiple 50m lengths of roadway to be laid quickly and easily. HGMS can be easily mounted to chassis with a PLS/DROPS hook lift system.
HGMS is best suited to adverse terrain conditions, including snow, marsh, mud and sand in a variety of climates. HGMS also provides rapid access to bridgeheads. HGMS is in use worldwide in a variety of military engineering applications, including humanitarian and disaster relief.
HGMS is also suitable for civilian applications, including oil and gas pipeline access, construction projects and temporary bridging. The system is 95% recyclable.
HEAVY GROUND MOBILITY SYSTEM comprises of seven key elements:
- TRACKWAY – 50m length of M150 aluminium panels, coiled onto a SPOOL. The width is 4.572m.
- SPOOL – a braced steel structure onto which the Trackway panels are coiled. The SPOOL slots into the TRACKRACK and SPOOLRACK.
- TRACKRACK – a specially designed launch, recovery, transportation and storage system for the Trackway. The Trackrack is mounted to the CHASSIS.
- CHASSIS – an 8x8 vehicle with DROPS/PLS with a payload of at least 13T, to carry the TRACKRACK.
- SPOOLRACK – a simplified TRACKRACK that is TRAILER mounted. SPOOLRACK stores and transports additional TRACKWAY, enabling it to be transferred to the TRACKRACK for launch and recovery.
- TRAILER – a transportation trailer for the SPOOLRACK.
- ACCESSORIES – items placed inside the lockers that are built into the TRACKRACK, to enable deployment, recovery, anchorage and field maintenance.
- TRAINING – FAUN Trackway offer training courses to enable your personnel to operate and maintain the HGMS.
- COMPUTER BASED TRAINING – FAUN Trackway can integrate simulated content into the training courses that enable trainees to revisit course content and assessments at their leisure.
- MAINTENANCE and INSPECTION services – FAUN Trackway personnel will carry out periodic inspections and maintenance of the HGMS.
- REFURBISHMENT services – FAUN Trackway personnel will inspect and refurbish your HGMS.
- STORAGE – FAUN Trackway can provide storage of the HGMS when it is not in use.
- SPARE PARTS – FAUN Trackway provide a range of spare parts that are supplied with a certificate of conformity.
- CUSTOM DOCUMENTATION – FAUN Trackway provide a standard manual free of charge with all products. If documentation is required in different formats, languages or layouts, we can provide a custom documentation proposal.
HGMS Panel Options: