MEDIUM GROUND MOBILITY SYSTEM – NEW
MEDIUM GROUND MOBILITY SYSTEM (MGMS)
FAUN Trackway MEDIUM GROUND MOBILITY SYSTEM is a temporary modular roadway which enables the rapid deployment and recovery of vehicles and people. The military specification system facilitates the launch and recovery of the Trackway. A standard MGMS provides 32m of Trackway.
MGMS is suitable for wheeled vehicles, cranes and plant equipment upto 30 tonnes. It provides access for these vehicles into areas where there are no roads, or roads have been damaged. MGMS enables boggy or marshy terrain to become accessible to heavy vehicles.
MGMS is deployed very quickly and efficiently. A trained two-man team can deploy 32m of Trackway in less than 6 minutes over the toughest of terrain. The aluminium Trackway will withstand repeated loads of up to 30 tonnes (rated to MLC 30).
MGMS can be easily mounted to chassis with twistlocks using a crane to lift on and off as required.
MGMS is best suited to adverse terrain conditions, including snow, marsh, mud and sand in a variety of climates. MGMS also provides rapid beach access. MGMS is in use worldwide in a variety of military engineering applications, including humanitarian and disaster relief.
MGMS is also suitable for civilian applications, including oil and gas pipeline access, construction projects and temporary bridging. The system is 95% recyclable.
MEDIUM GROUND MOBILITY SYSTEM kits comprises of five key elements:
- TRACKWAY – 32m length of MLC 30 aluminium panels, coiled onto a SPOOL. The width is 3.35m.
- SPOOL – a braced steel structure onto which the TRACKWAY panels are coiled. The SPOOL slots into the FASTRACK.
- FASTRACK – a specially designed launch, recovery, transportation and storage system for the TRACKWAY. The FASTRACK is mounted to the CHASSIS.
- CHASSIS – a 4x4 or 6x6 vehicle with twistlocks with a payload of at least 5T, to carry the FASTRACK.
- ACCESSORIES – items placed inside the lockers that are built into the FASTRACK, to enable deployment, recovery, anchorage and field maintenance.
- TRAINING – FAUN Trackway offer training courses to enable your personnel to operate and maintain the MGMS.
- COMPUTER BASED TRAINING – FAUN Trackway can integrate simulated content into the training courses that enable trainees to revisit course content and assessments at their leisure.
- MAINTENANCE and INSPECTION services – FAUN Trackway personnel will carry out periodic inspections and maintenance of the MGMS.
- REFURBISHMENT services – FAUN Trackway personnel will inspect and refurbish your MGMS.
- STORAGE – FAUN Trackway can provide storage of the MGMS when it is not in use.
- SPARE PARTS – FAUN Trackway provide a range of spare parts that are supplied with a certificate of conformity.
- CUSTOM DOCUMENTATION – FAUN Trackway provide a standard manual free of charge with all products. If documentation is required in different formats, languages or layouts, we can provide a custom documentation proposal.
MGMS Panel Options: