Aircraft Landing Mat
This modular, aluminium panel system allows expeditionary forces to create runways and temporary airfields in areas where there is no time or requirement to install a permanent airfield.
Designed for the UK Royal Engineers as an alternative wearing runway surface, the Aircraft Landing Mat is an ideal solution to the poor performance of gravel or dirt runways in challenging conditions.
- EASY TO INSTALL AND MAINTAIN
- PREVENTS FOREIGN OBJECT DAMAGE
- SAFE AND STABLE LANDING AREA
- SAFE WORKING AREA FOR GROUND PERSONNEL
- EFFECTIVE IN ALL ENVIRONMENTS
- SIMPLE PANEL REPLACEMENT
- SUSTAINS MULTIPLE LANDING AND TAKE-OFF
FIVE KEY ELEMENTS:
- TRACKWAY® – Aluminium panels that inter-lock to create the landing area.
- STILLAGES – NATO pallets for storage and transport; can be air portable on request.
- INSTALLATION KIT – equipment required for installing and removing the Trackway®.
- GROUND ANCHOR STAKES – to secure the Trackway® to the ground.
- MEMBRANE – a geotextile membrane that is placed underneath the Trackway® to supress dust, and reduce brownout while protecting the Trackway®.
Aircraft Landing Mat (ALM) can be constructed from a variety of Trackway® to create a best fit solution for our customers;
- Corrugated surface;
- 9.5 kilograms per panel;
- Flat Surface;
- 12.5 kilograms per panel;
- Configured for transport in 463L Pallets.
- Flat Surface;
- For heavy transport aircraft;
- 50.9 kilograms per panel.
From standard solutions to custom configuration, each kit can be tailored to suit any aircraft, ensuring maximum utilisation.
The NATO palletised system can be deployed quickly for as little as a day or as a more permanent installation, making the Aircraft landing Mat (ALM) essential when planning temporary airfield construction, or for rapid capacity expansion requirements.
As a multipurpose solution the Aircraft landing Mat (ALM) is suitable for Helicopter Landing Mats (HLM), UAV Landing Mat (UAVLM), workshop areas, Rapid Runway Repair (RRR), aircraft recovery, and general infrastructure use.